Stewart & Thalia's Wedding
- Venue - Function Room 3, Barleylands, Billericay
- Times - 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Music requested - 60's, 90's, chart
This weekend I was at Stewart and Thalia's Wedding reception at Barleylands in Billericay. I didn't realise but there are three function rooms down there amongst all the craft shops.
This was quite an informal Wedding reception. They had a finger type buffet as their Wedding breakfast and a friend of theirs behind the bar serving drinks.
I arrived at the venue at about 5:45pm to setup and be ready for 7pm. Their guests started to arrive just after 7pm so I started with some background music which Stewart had requested. He had asked for a few classic classical tracks and a couple of Mexican tracks as Thalia is Mexican.
At around 9:20pm Stewart and Thalia were ready for their first dance and they had a little surprise planned for their guests. Stewart is a massive fan of 60's music so he had chosen two 60's tracks and asked me to switch into the second track about half way through the first. The two tracks were: Sam Cooke - 'A change is gonna come' and Jimmy Jones 'Good timin'. I practiced the switch at home and saved the mix onto my Virtual DJ software so the mix run smoothly on the night.
The music was supposed to be off by 11pm but instead we decided just to turn it down and carry on the party for another 30 minutes.
- Beatles - Get Back
- The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself, It's The Same Old Song
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Smokey Robinson - Tears Of A Clown
- Ricky Martin - Livin La Vida Loca
"I just wanted to say how grateful we are to you. You were fantastic in Basildon and created a great atmosphere. I personally gave your number to two Party Planners, and a Wedding Planner."
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- PSY - Gangnam Style
- will.i.am - Scream & Shout
- Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
- Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
- LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It
- Robin S - Show Me Love
- Livin' Joy - Dreamer
- The Killers - Mr. Brightside
- Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
- Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
- Whitney - Dance With Somebody
- Jackie Wilson - Higher And Higher